Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
GeoApps posted Aug 31 '07 at 5:34 pm

[quote user="arisme"]I have not yet managed to find a convenient way of moving old files to long tem storage folders in Pegasus Mail v4.41.[/quote]

I have a filter that I apply on closing the new-mail folder -- move anything over 30 days old to a different folder called "New Mail Over 30 Days Old".  Anything that old doesn't belong in "New Mail" any more, and this keeps the NM folder below the magic threshold of 500 (?) messages, beyond which it quits polling for new mail.

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted Aug 30 '07 at 11:59 pm

[quote user="Df2"]

I read that pegasus mail can now support hebrew but have not been able to find how to configure it for that.  Any info would be welcome

TIA 

[/quote]

Long long time ago I made a glossary on this, don't know (and cannot test it) if it's content is still valid, but perhaps as a starter:

To read Hebrew messages try the following:

Alter the commandline you use to start Pegasus Mail for Windows and add -Z 262144 to it or, when there is already a -Z value, simply add the value 262144 to it (so e.g. -Z 284 becomes -Z 262428 - please note the space after the Z)

From help Commandline options:

262144 Force all message text to flow right-to-left. This is an experimental option intended for use in environments such as Hebrew Windows, where both Western and Hebrew fonts are present on the system.

To make the Hebrew come out correctly you need to click Right Alt-Shift to change the language displayed to Hebrew and the language direction to RTL (Right to Left). This has to be done while still in the new mail folder, BEFORE double-clicking to display the entire essage.
Then, to return to LTR display, it is necessary to close the message and click
Left Alt-Shift, and then you can open other messages in English, as LTR.

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted Aug 30 '07 at 11:56 pm

[quote user="Earl Bridges"]

My first major problem -

Any ideas why when I forward an email, it seems to add one or two attachments?

Attachment may be either (most recently) WPM$5CI13.PM$ (the number changes but the WPM beginning and the extension.PM$ remains the same.)

I understand the .PM$ is a temp file, and lately the file is simply a duplicate of the forwarded message.

How can I prevent sending a duplicate as an attachment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Using 4.41 version for Windows

Earl

[/quote]

In the forward dialog there is a setting "Forward any attachment the original message has as well". UNtick it. The Attachments you see are the variants of the message (eg html and/or plain text).

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Sep 5 '07 at 5:47 pm

[quote user="KauaiGirl_917"]

I've been having a problem with attachments getting corrupted lately, so I tried to test it out.

I sent an email to myself w/ 2 word 2003 attachments.  one opened okay, the other said it needed to be repaired (which didn't work).

i forwarded that message to myself again and this time both attachments opened w/out a problem.

not sure why this is happening.  Any ideas?

[/quote]

How are you receiving your mail?  POP3?  IMAP4?  I suspect that the download may be failing to complete  properly and is missing the final closing lines.  You might try using session logging when downloading to verify the download.

closed
ArtM posted Sep 3 '12 at 11:57 pm

Yes for Barius .  And I get errors I don't know how to correct.  space between pattern & following words; missing operators, barewood where operator expected, etc. 

The C++ program contains no EXE  .  Don't know what to do with it.

Just to close up some loose end now I am here.

I gave up trying to understand this problem. I cleaned and reinstalled and just kept program and mailbox together on C:  This way it works without problems. It only means that I should back-up a bit more often; having the mailboxes on D: (physically different HDD) was mainly an extra security against a possible failing C: drive.

Too bad about not being able to explain or show what went wrong, but it was costing me too much time trying to figure it out.

Thomas, thanks for trying to help.

Keep up the good work

McDuff 

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Sep 4 '07 at 5:20 pm

[quote user="Bob"]

Thomas,

Thank you for the assistance! I find it so curious that simply checking the "Always" option solved the problem. I would not have guessed that in a million years (well, maybe a half million!). Is this a quirk of the code issue?

Bob

Nope, each identity can have their own setup, you obviously had one of them set as a non-winsock user. 

[/quote]
closed
PiS posted Aug 31 '07 at 6:37 pm

A complete html-, and text-message looks like this:

Subject: test

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:29:08 +0200

Organization: Petena AB

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01C773BA.16CB1DF0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C773BA.16CB1DF0

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

testeteb

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C773BA.16CB1DF0
Content-Type: text/html;
 charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16525" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D359592815-31032007>testeteb</SPAN></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C773BA.16CB1DF0--

[quote user="Hy Freedman"]

Also, it appears that any filing trays created when the additional mailbox is live, will not appear when that additional mailbox is added.  I just gave up on creating filing trays and assuming they will reappear.  If I am in error please advise.

Thanks

[/quote]

Indeed the last is by design, that way anybody who access a shared (added) mailbox can have it's own traystructure. When you open an added mailbox and create tray's they are saved in your own hierarchy. So they should be available when you re-open the added mailbox.

[quote user="arnaudherve"]

And how on earth is the average user supposed to know he must do all that in Tools | Options... ?

Everybody assumes that read mail will stay in New Mail folder, until it is the explicit wish of the user to do something else with them. Either by a mouse decision, or by an added rule of which the user is conscious.

And why do they assume that?  Each program does something differently.  When using Word and WordPerfect does one always assume both work the same?  MSIE and Firefox?  To ass-u-me anything most of the time is wrong. [:)]

[/quote]
closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Sep 5 '07 at 5:52 pm

[quote user="Edgarc"]

Use of normal windows copy-cut-paste functions in editing distribution lists is dicey at best. Is there some overriding setting that allows full use of those functions with either keyboard controls or right clicking on the mouse. I have just installed 4.41 and at least I can now see copy and paste (but cut is still grayed out). Thanks in advance to anyone who has a suggestion to

[/quote]

Use the windows standard CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+V to paste and CTRL+X to Cut.   

closed
GSIB posted Aug 24 '07 at 8:39 pm

In order for everyone to see the questions, we will just donate and post to the forum instead of using the special email.

Thank you for your response. 

Some quick comments...

Files copied to CD or DVD are flagged read only by default.  Copying them back to a hard drive may require that you change that attribute in order to modify them.  Keep this in mind going forward as it may cause problems.  Lots of info out in www land about dealing with this.

If I understand correctly, you now have directories added to your Pegasus Mail folder as added mailboxes.  You can leave this as it is or you can copy the contents into folders in your My Mailbox.  You must create folders in My Mailbox and then copy messages from added mailbox folders to My Mailbox folders.  You can not copy or move an entire folder between My Mailbox and an added mailbox.  If you leave it as it is, you don't need to have the added mailbox connect every time you start Pegasus Mail.  You can add one when needed then disconnect it when done.  Normally you can manipulate message inside an added mailbox just like you can in My Mailbox but if the read only attribute is set on all of these files then it might prevent you from doing this.

One of your comments indicates that you have multiple folders of the same name.  A failure of the tray structure flattens all folder to one level.  A directory added as an added mailbox will not have a tray structure which is why you are not seeing any trays in the added mailboxes.  You can rebuild it and it will then be maintained on subsequent adds.  Keep in mind that a loss of the tray structure can be difficult to recreate if it is extensive so here is a suggestion.  If you create a tray named 'Tim' and another named 'Jane' then all folders in those trays should be suffixed with some sort of reference to parent tray.  I suffix mine with the first four characters of the tray name (I used to prefix but that caused sorting problems).  The result is folders in tray 'Tim' will have names like 'Correspondence_Tim' and 'Photos_Tim'.  Tray Jane will have 'Correspondence_Jane' and 'Photos_Jane'.

As for your current status, it sounds like your only problem is with how the data it is being presented because of the lost tray structure and possibly duplicate folder ID's.  Based on your description of the manipulation you did with the 3.12 mailboxes I suspect you might have folders with duplicate internal ID's.  When this happens, Pegasus Mail will not display either folder.  It's not that they are not there, it's just that Pegasus can't handle the duplicate ID's.  Duplicate folder ID's occur when you copy a mailbox that contained folders and then use both mailboxes.  All is well as long as they are opened independently but open both (one as an added mailbox) an you have trouble.  To prevent that, only have one directory at a time as an added mailbox.  There is a utility called PMRestArch that can assign new internal ID's if you need to.

I kind of just did a brain dump so hope it makes sense.

closed
tmpease posted Sep 6 '07 at 8:30 pm

Also...
After I tried installing the Pegasus Spamhalter update at 
http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry2352.aspx
, Pegasus crashed severely (multiple "report error to Microsoft" dialogs)

[quote user="Randy"]

Pegasus will only go out and download email on startup.  No other way seems to be effective.  I am not recieving any errors.  It is set to check every 10 minutes.  We are popping the mail from Exchange Server 2003 using SSL.

[/quote]

Sounds like you are not set to check the POP3 host on a regular basis.  Give us your setting from Tools | Internet Options |  Receiving (POP3).

Check for new POP3 mail every x seconds

This option controls whether or not Pegasus Mail should poll the hosts in your active POP3 definition list for new mail automatically, and if so, how often. Enter here a number of seconds between poll cycles (Pegasus Mail is accurate to the nearest three seconds), If you check the Idle control next to this, then Pegasus Mail will wait until it has been idle (no keystrokes or mouse presses) for this length of time before it will automatically check for new mail. If the Idle control is unchecked, then checks will occur at regular intervals, regardless of activity. A value of zero means that Pegasus Mail should never poll your POP3 hosts automatically – you will have to initiate the check yourself by choosing "check host for new mail" from the File menu.

Check no more frequently than once every x minutes 

This control allows you to have some of your definitions checked more or less frequently than others. If you enter a non-zero value here, then Pegasus Mail will only check this definition at most once every x minutes, no matter how often you have set your polling period in the Receiving mail via the POP3 protocol  page of the Internet Options dialog. So, if you have a relatively unimportant mailbox somewhere that you only want to check at most once per hour, you would enter 60 here: even if Pegasus Mail is checking your other POP3 definitions every minute, this definition will only be checked once per hour.

closed
gregrshaw posted Aug 28 '07 at 3:33 am

nothing like it staring you straight in the face....thanks for pointing out the link button.

closed
irelam posted Aug 24 '07 at 12:09 am

I have replied to you directly, but just to repeat here, I think your problem is that your default font does not support Polish.  I suggest you change the default font in Bearhtml.ini  to one of the Unicode fonts such as Tahoma  or MS  Arial Unicode

Martin 

Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft