Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
vefatica posted Jul 21 '07 at 6:53 pm

I'm playing with an extension to make Pegasus Mail "hard to close" (much like the Mercury/32 option).  Graying "Close" on the system menu item is effective against "Close" and the "X" button but it does not thwart <Alt-F4> (no surprise).  On the other hand, a WH_GETMESSAGE hook whose guts are

if (    pmsg->hwnd == hWndPMFrame
                && pmsg->message == WM_SYSCOMMAND
                && pmsg->wParam == SC_CLOSE  )
        {
            pmsg->wParam = SC_MINIMIZE;
        }

is effectlve against the system menu's "Close" and <Alt-F4> but not against the "X" button.  The "X" button does cause <WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_CLOSE> (as seen with Spy++) but my hook process never sees it.  Do you know why my hook process doesn't see the message in this case?

A second question:  When not using a hook, and simply graying the system menu's "Close", my (startup) extension unloads itself by sending WM_CLOSE to hParent (from FORMINIT).  Is that an acceptable way for an extension to unload itself?

Thanks.

- Vince 

closed
rdoherty posted Jul 23 '07 at 1:14 am

According to RFC 2822 (the governing RFC for mail message formats) the Date you have quoted is

a valid date. The "(GMT +01:00)" should be ignored since it is syntactically a comment.  Pegasus, however,

doesn't appear to parse it correctly.

Bob.

I would suggest the following *relatively* simple method.

1. Detect incoming mail that meets the triggering requirement (subject/from/body-content) via a NewMail rule.

2. Forward the message to a noticeboard via a second Newmail rule, with same trigger requirement. This step is needed to create a discrete file.

This creates a message file with filetype *.cnb.

3. A third rule, with same trigger requirement, to delete the message from NewMail.  

4. Run a program to detect this new message (type) and rewrite the message suitably fixed up.

5. move (not copy) the message back to the NewMail directory. 

Martin 

closed
Greenman posted Aug 2 '07 at 1:18 pm

The MS error reporting window appears. There are no firewall issues, the entire IP range on the LAN is trusted and allowed by the firewall, and there are no issues printing to other shared printers from any other applications. It would seem to be limited to Pegasus Mail.

closed
rdods posted Jul 19 '07 at 1:19 am

Thanks. I did that but I'm still getting SeaMonkey's mailer when I click on a link in the browser.  I vaguely remember having to change a line in a Netscape folder years ago but don't remember the details.  I can copy the link location and start my own message in Pegasus.

Thanks again for your answer.
Rosalyn

P.S. I reinstalled SeaMonkey and using the custom install and did not install "Mail & Newsgroups".  That worked. 

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted Aug 6 '09 at 12:52 pm

[quote user="tonyaz"]

Have not had a problem since 007-great program!!!

Noiw, however I get this when trying to download new mail:

Bad address "pop.west.cox.ne".

Notice the last word shoudl be .net, the t is left off therefore I get the bad address error.

Can you help me?

Please send reply to (this address still works?)

Thaking you in advance,

Tony Patane

[/quote]

Go Tools -> Internet options -> receiving mail, click the definition and click edit. In there make sure the settings are ok.

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted Jul 19 '07 at 12:28 am

[quote user="feydaykyn"]

Hi everyone,

I have 2 identities : admin and neos, the first I never use, the second is my main.

Recently I've had my first laptop, so I copied the identities files from my stationary pc to my laptop and from my laptop to my pc, so that i keep the two synchronised.

It has worked perfectly well during 3 months but now I can't open the neos identity neither in the pc or the laptop. Meanwhile, the admin identity works perfectly well. I have no error message, only "this program doesn't respond" when I right-click "close"

Pegasus seems to crash when opening the new mail folder, just after having logged in. I changed the Pegasus.ini files so what "Open new mail folder at startup"= N but it still tries to open new mails at startup.

I must say I have a few "mail filtering rules" activated at different moments, when downloading mails and when opening folders. Actually, the very last time I succeeded in using the neos identity, it crashed when it was filtering new mails (20 or so).

I welcome everyone !

Many thanks

p.s :  sorry for my broken english, I'm a poor frenchy :-)

[/quote]

Did you synchronize the new mail files as well on both the laptop and pc. Most likely there is a message that is corrupt and prebvents Pegasua Mail from opening.

- Move all *.cnm files to a save place out of the New Mail Directory
- restart Pegasus Mail
- Move the files back in, one at the time. The one that crashes Pegasus Mail is the problem and should be deleted.

Thank you every so much for solving the problem. It was indeed the issue of the NVIDIA NForce 4 chipset. I had to install the customisation utility in order to turn off "checksum offload" but doing so worked! I would never in a million years have thought of such an obscure thing without help, so many thanks again.

Martin

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted Jul 17 '07 at 9:14 pm

[quote user="Charles Gran"]Is there someway to have pegasus (4.41, xp) show the full subject line in mail folder views?
[/quote]

Currently not, see

http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/2063.aspx

regards

On 17 Jul 2007 Pegasus Mail & Mercury - Automated Email <> wrote:

> I use since many years Pegasus Mail on my Win2K system. Now I buy a new WinXP and a new PC.
>
> The last version on Win2K was 4.11 (German); now I have installed version 4.21c on WinXP.

Probably should use v4.51

>
>  How can I copy all my old mails, users and folders from the old to the new system?

1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info and note all the
    directories.  This is the directory structure you want to
    backup.

2.  Use the Windows backup program to backup the entire
    structure. In the multiuser made this means you'll have to
    backup the top level structure to get all the user
    directories. You can simply ZIP these directories to a
    CDROM and restore on the other end as well.

3.  Restore this to the new computer.  

Note:

A.  If you are using a CDROM for backup make sure that the
    files did not get marked read only.  Use Explorer and check
    the file properties.

B.  If you changed drive letters then run pconfig.exe and
    change the drive letter of the home and new mail directory
    to match the new location. You also should check the
    Mailbox: line in the *.PND files and make sure it's blank.

C.  If you want to upgrade in the process do it after you transfer
    the files and install it over the old installation using exactly
    the same directory structure and options.

>
> If I try to copy all subdirectories to the new system, PMAIL does not find the users.
>  

closed
anbecker posted Jul 19 '07 at 11:30 pm

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]Thanks have read it now. Text must be somewhat updated as it contains some recent news.[/quote]

Your are right. It is the original article from 2005, but it was set into the web-mail/freemail content.

closed
Thomas_N_ posted Jul 20 '07 at 1:03 am

Hello! [quote user="Claudio Chehébar"] sometimes, I have problems with message formats. I write a message (using the option Rich Text), and a) in some few cases the receiver sees strange signs interspersed with the words, and b) more often, when somebody makes a reply to me including my text, it comes with all those strange (format) signs [/quote]
Is there any pattern to this behaviour as far as the strange characters themselves are concerned? For example: Does it happen when you have written a message in a certain language (e.g. only in a French-speaking message or so)? Or are certain characters or letters involved (e.g. the EUR-character or German umlauts)?

Can you tell us what caharcter set you have chosen for outgoing messages? Go to "Tools" | "Options" | "General settings" | "Advanced settings" where you can define the "Default MIME character set". (You can read the help file if you want more information on the settings of the character set.)
The setting of "Default MIME character set" is one of those settings you can define separately for each of your identites. So if you have several identites, you should check that setting for each identity.

Is MIME turned on? See at "Tools" | "Options" | "Outgoing mail" | "Messages and replies" -> "Use MIME features" should be turned on (which is highly recommended).

Does it happen only for certain receivers?

These questions may not provide the ideal solution now, but I hope they can narrow the problem, hence make it easier to find the solution.

closed
arosner posted Jul 20 '07 at 8:26 pm

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"][quote user="arosner"]

Might as well raise my pet peeves in this thread:

1. When attaching an HTML file, I have to remember to change the encoding to "ASCII file", otherwise it arrives looking like gibberish. Why can't this be done automatically (or can it - do I just change the file association)?

Just change the file type to HTML-text and/or change the filetype.pm in the program directory to do this for you in "Let the program decide"  FWIW, what version are you using?  This should be a default.

2. When forwarding without edit (redirect or "bounce"), all is well. Forwarding with edit, however, adds phantom "attachments" (such as plain text, html) which I presume are different formats of my message. Many recipients are confused, writing back saying "I couldn't open your attachments". I've fiddled with "no styling" and "no rich text" or whatever, to no avail. Is it just me??

Don't forward the attachments as well and this will not happen.  When you are forwarding with the attachments then remove the one that you do not want.

Thanks in advance. 

[/quote][/quote]

Well, as usual, you have saved me. My question #1 obviously relates to an ancient version, hence I've just automatically been making the same manual change for years. I didn't even think to check that the default had been corrected.

As for question #2, it seems much too simple to be correct - but of course it is.

Thank you as always...

closed
vefatica posted Jul 17 '07 at 10:11 pm

[quote user="David Harris"]I see this from time to time, but am not sure quite why it happens, nor how to fix it.

I'll note it as something to revisit next time I'm working on the frame window code.

[/quote]

The simple strategy mentioned in  KB135788 has always worked for me.

- Vince 

closed
df9gp posted Jul 18 '07 at 1:35 am

Thank you for the response. Might be it would be optimum if one could replace the From: field by the To: field or add the To: field for selected folders.

The  IMAP server which our university is using is SuSe Linux Openexchange Server 4.

Regards,

Bernd

closed
EPLevine posted Jul 27 '07 at 7:45 pm

We are running Windows 98 (unfortunately) and Novel client 3.1.0.0

Todays a new problem showedup and I can not move envelopes into folder either by dragging them nor using the move button. 

Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft